Paulo Coelho inspired millions of readers around the world and became one of the most beloved storytellers of our time with the international bestselling phenomenon The Alchemist.
Now, in the beloved companion to his classic, The Warrior of The Light: A Manual, invites us to live out our dreams to embrace the uncertainty of life, and to rise to our own unique destiny.
In his inimitable style, Coelho shows readers how to embark upon The Way of the Warrior: the one who appreciates the miracle of being alive, the one who accepts failure, and the one whose quest leads him to become the person he wants to be.
Scroll down for 17 inspirational ideas to keep you strong in 2017!
And click here to learn about Coelho’s newest book about Mata Hari entitled, The Spy.
From Paulo Coelho’s book, The Warrior of The Light: A Manual,
- “Behind the mask of ice that people wear, there beats a heart of fire.”
- “Of all the ways we have found to hurt ourselves, the worse has been through love. We are always suffering because of someone who doesn’t love us, or someone who has left us, or someone who won’t leave us. If we are alone, it is because no one wants us…”
- “In order to have faith in his own path, he does not need to prove that someone else’s path is wrong.”
- “I’ve been through all this before,’ he says to his heart.Yes, you have been through all this before,’ replies his heart. ‘But you have never been beyond it.”
- “Warriors of light are not perfect.Their beauty lies in accepting this fact and still desiring to grow and to learn.”
- “A Warrior knows that an angel and a devil are both competing for his sword hand. The devil says: “You will weaken. You will not know exactly when. You are afraid.” The angel says: “You will weaken. You will not know exactly when. You are afraid.” The Warrior is surprised. Both the angel and the devil have said the same thing. The devil continues: “Let me help you.” And the angel says: “I will help you.” At that moment the Warrior understands the difference. The words may be the same but these two allies are completely different. And he chooses the angel’s hand.”
- Because he believes in miracles, miracles begin to happen. Because he is sure that his thoughts can change his life, his life begins to change. Because he is certain that he will find love, love appears.”
- “A Warrior of Light values a child’s eyes because they are able to look at the world without bitterness. When he wants to find out if the person beside him is worthy of his trust, he tries to see him as a child would.”
- “He might dance down the street on his way to work, gaze into the eyes of a complete stranger and speak of love at first sight, or defend an apparently absurd idea. Warriors of light allow themselves days like these. He is not afraid to weep over ancient sorrows or feel joy at new discoveries. When he feels that the moment has arrived, he drops everything and goes off on some long-dreamed-of adventure. When he realises that he can do no more, he abandons the fight, but never blames himself for having committed a few unexpected acts of folly. A warrior does not spend his days trying to play the role that others have chosen for him.”
- “Try to live with the same intensity as a child. He doesn’t ask for explanations; he dives into each day as if it were a new adventure and, at night, sleeps tired and happy.”
- “A Warrior knows that the ends do not justify the means. Because there are no ends, there are only means…”
- “The only trap I must beware not to fall into, is to think that each day is the same as the next. In fact, each morning brings with it a hidden miracle, and we must pay attention to this miracle.”
- “Tragedy depends on the way you see it. If you chose to be a victim of the world, anything which happens to you will feed that dark side of your soul, where you consider yourself wronged, suffering, guilty and deserving punishment. If you choose to be an adventurer, the changes – even the inevitable losses, since everything in this world changes – can cause some pain, but will soon thrust you forward, forcing you to react.”
- “A Warrior of Light never resorts to trickery, but he knows how to distract his opponent.”
- “A warrior cannot lower his head – otherwise he loses sight of the horizon of his dreams.”
- “To travel is the experience of ceasing to be the person you are trying to be, and becoming the person you really are.”
- “A flower is not better when it blooms than when it is merely a bud; at each stage it is the same thing — a flower in the process of expressing its potential.”