If you love muffins, you’ll adore this recipe that’s as delicious as it is easy to make:
What you’ll need:
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
2 T. canola oil
1 large egg
2/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Step 2: Line a 12-cup muffin tin with muffin wrappers, or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Step 3: In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cloves, cranberries, and cinnamon.
- Step 4: In a medium bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, buttermilk, brown sugar, canola oil, and egg.
- Step 5: Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in your pumpkin mixture. Stir until just moist.
- Step 6: Fill muffin cups ⅔ to ¾ full. Bake for 16-18 minutes.
Yields: 12 muffins
Learn more at: EdibleEdu.com
Music by: “Life of Riley” and “Carefree” by Kevin MacLeod