In his role as a founding partner at Egan, Berger & Weiner, LLC, Sheldon Weiner has been giving retirement advice for well over 35 years. During that time he has seen clients make literally hundreds of mistakes regarding their retirement planning.
He personally has learned from their mistakes — mainly because as a husband for more than four decades, he does not want to have to explain to his wife, Sharon, why they do not have the quality of life in retirement that she has been looking forward to.
To help you do the same, Weiner was interviewed by “Let’s Talk Live” host Julie Phillips about the “10 Retirement Mistakes He Doen’t Want to Have to Explain to His Wife.”
Phillips asked Weiner:
- What made you choose to write about the top 10 retirement mistakes you don’t want to have to explain to your wife?
- Why can taking Social Security early be a bad idea?
- Why is it so important not to underestimate your life expectancy?
- Why do you recommend consulting a financial adviser?
- Have you taken your own advice? Do you have anything to explain to your wife?