Ayn Rand said: “Love should be treated like a business deal, but every business deal has its own terms and its own currency. And in love, the currency is virtue. You love people not for what you do for them or what they do for you. You love them for the values, the virtues, which they have achieved in their own character.”
As we work our way to Valentines Day 2015, scroll down for 14 thoughts to fuel your passion for business, life, and love.
- February 1: “Love seeketh not itself to please, nor for itself hath any care, but for another gives its ease, and builds a Heaven in Hell’s despair.” — William Blake
- February 2: “Love isn’t something you find. Love is something that finds you.” — Loretta Young
- February 3: “Immature love says: ‘I love you because I need you.’ Mature love says ‘I need you because I love you.’” — Erich Fromm
- February 4: “Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.” — Ann Landers
- February 5: “Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.” — H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- February 6: “Friends can help each other. A true friend is someone who lets you have total freedom to be yourself – and especially to feel. Or, not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at the moment is fine with them. That’s what real love amounts to: letting a person be what he really is.” — Jim Morrison
- February 7: “Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.” — Oscar Wilde
- February 8: “You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.” — Buddha
- February 9: “I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” ― Marilyn Monroe
- February 10: “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” ― Dr. Seuss
- February 11: “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” ― Martin Luther King Jr., A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches
- February 12: “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” ― André Gide, Autumn Leaves
- February 13: “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
- February 14: “Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn’t it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.” ― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman, The Kindly Ones