Are you ready to supersize your small business? In this News Channel 8 interview with PR specialist Hope Katz Gibbs, reporter Sonya Gavankar explores:
- Why Gibbs made the shift from a successful journalism career since 1993 to opening Inkandescent PR in 2001.
- Why she’s giving away her company’s playbook—isn’t that a little crazy?
- What entrepreneurs can learn from the 8 Steps to PR Success, which is the heart of “PR Rules.”
- What homework she has for small business owners who want to DIY—or hire a PR firm to help them.
“Homework assignment #1 is to buy the book on amazon at www.PRRulesPlaybook.com,” says Gibbs. “Assignment #2 is to grab a journal and answer these three questions.”
- Question 1: What do you do? This is your 30 second elevator speech, and should be 30 words or less.
- Question 2: Why do you do it? This is an internal question for the small business owner. Ask yourself what make you start your business in the first place? What makes you jump out of bed in the morning to run the company, and what do you want others to know about the great work you do? Go deep here, and get creative.
- Question 3: How do you do it? This is the nitty gritty of your business … the specifics that show off your expertise. The answer to this question is the information that will appear on your website, in your monthly newsletter, and will help your PR team get you in the news. Be thoughtful about it, and be specific.
For more information about Hope Katz Gibbs and her firm, Inkandescent Public Relations, visit www.InkandescentPR.com.
Order PR Rules at www.PRRulesPlaybook.com.