When it comes to the Revolutionary era, there’s no better storyteller than best-selling author Tom Fleming.
The fascinating, in-depth tales that pack his recent book, “The Intimate Lives of the Founding Fathers,” are most relevant for our “Grateful American™ TV Show,” hosted by David Bruce Smith and Hope Katz Gibbs.
Be sure to check out this TV episode to learn:
- What were the lives of the great figures in American history really like, including George Washington, Ben Franklin, John Adams, Alexander Hamilton, and James Madison?
- What role did the Founding Mothers play in the lives of these famous men—such as George Washington’s mother, Mary Ball Washington, who was known to be not particularly affectionate.
- How do the customs of the 18th century differ from today’s, including those on courting, medicine, and hygiene?
- What makes it so important that stories about the country’s Founding Fathers and Founding Mothers live on—especially in the minds of children?
- And how can parents help their kids develop a passion for history?
Plus, you’ll find three important ideas about the Founding Fathers and Founding Mothers that your family can talk about tonight at the dinner table.
- Learn more about the Grateful American™ Series at GratefulAmericanSeries.com.
Disclaimer: Certain of the photographs or images included in this video have been reproduced and displayed with express permission of the authors, historians, and/or presidential or historic homes and museums that own the applicable legal rights. Other photographs or images have been reproduced and displayed on the understanding that they are in the public domain.