Yoga teacher Lisa Rueff is the executive director of Do It For The Love, a foundation founded in August 2013 by rocker Michael Franti and ER nurse Sara Agah. (Rueff is shown here, center, with Franti and Agah.)
This nonprofit, wish-granting organization brings people to live concerts who are in advanced stages of life-threatening illnesses, as well as children with severe challenges and wounded veterans.
Before joining Do It For The Love, Rueff worked with Virgin Unite—the philanthropic arm of Richard Branson’s Virgin Companies. Her job included organizing trips to countries that Virgin focused on for cultural exploration and entrepreneurial sharing.
Highlights include leading a trip to Jordan with Her Majesty Queen Noor as Ambassador, and with Sir Richard Branson to South Africa to focus on professional skills assistance, educational opportunities, and making the global village an even better place to live.
In addition, Rueff is an internationally celebrated yoga teacher. Through her company, Yoga Ventures, she has led more than 30 humanitarian-focused yoga and service trips abroad. She encourages her students to discover the joys of philanthropy and volunteer work, which ultimately means practicing yoga on and off your mat.
In this podcast interview, we learn:
- How Rueff got involved with the Do It For The Love foundation.
- Who inspired Franti and Agah to start the foundation.
- How the process of applying works, and how many people have been beneficiaries.
- How the idea behind the foundation has been received by the musical community.
- Which concert would she attend if her wish was granted?
- Read our interview with Sara Agah about Do It For The Love in the January 2014 issue of Be Inkandescent magazine.
- Read our feature with Michael Franti, our January Entrepreneur of the Month.
- Learn more about the foundation at www.DoItFortheLove.org.
More about Lisa Rueff
In addition to being the executive director of Do It For The Love, Lisa Rueff is a vibrant and enthusiastic Bay Area yoga teacher popular for her ability to bring community together for fun and flowing yoga classes, as well as for fundraising events to benefit causes close to her heart. Based in Marin, she leads yoga retreats, classes, and workshops all over the world.
Leading international yoga and service trips abroad, she encourages her students to discover the joys of philanthropy and volunteer work. She also combines her love of international travel and yoga with short-term humanitarian trips to have a profound and sustainable impact on the global community.
Rueff is also founder and director of The Jacmel Children Center in Haiti, where she and her husband built a children’s community center and permanent home for homeless orphans.
- Learn all about the Do It For The Love foundation at doitforthelove.org.
- Read our Inkandescent cover story on Do It For The Love co-founder Michael Franti in the January 2014 issue of Be Inkandescent magazine.
- Read our Q&A with Do It For The Love co-founder Sara Agah in the magazine’s January 2014 Nonprofit column.