Michele Muska is a woman who speaks in textures. A fiber artist based in Enfield, Connecticut, Muska lives, creates, and works in a colorful world where fibers and textiles tell her story.
Muska started her company, LolaRae, over a decade ago to showcase her fanciful creations, wearable art, quilts, and adornments. But that’s her side business!
By day, she’s the marketing communications manager for Simplicity Creative Group and its family of brands, which includes Simplicity Patterns, Wrights, Boye, EZ Quilting, Conso, and British Trimmings. During the last seven years, she has helped develop and design new products, implemented educational opportunities, and worked with customers to provide a clear vision of how Simplicity Creative Group can foster and inspire creativity in the individual.
Today, though, we are talking with the marvelous Muska about another one of her creations—the Midsummer Night’s Dream Pie that landed on the cover of the popular book, “Pie-ography,” by Where Women Cook creator Jo Packham.
In this podcast interview you’ll learn:
- About her delicious pie: its history—and given the biographical theme of “Pie-ography” —what the Midsummer Night’s Dream Pie tell us about Muska.
- The other pies and dishes she creates that family and friends flock to her house to eat.
- What she loves about cooking, quilting, and creating beautiful things.
- How she got into the business of crafts.
- Her job at Simplicity, how to she has long balanced work and career—and the advice she has for other women trying to do the same.
- And why women, especially those in mid-life, struggle to admit how amazing they are!
Download the podcast now!
And click here to read Muska’s recipe for her magnificent Midsummer Night’s Dream Pie in the December 2013 issue of BeInkandescent.com.