Bond over baseball in Baltimore; go wild and crazy over fashion in Miami; get the skinny on social media for nonprofits in DC. From NYC to Miami, here are some great events to attend this July! Scroll down for seven events along the East Coat that you won’t want to miss. For dozens more event, visit www.InkandescentNetworking.com.
- Networking at Camden Yards!
- Date and Time: Wednesday, July 10, 5:30 PM to 10:00 PM (5:30 p.m. Networking in the Bull Pen; 7:05 p.m. Game starts )
- Location” Oriole Park at Camden Yards, 333 W. Camden St., Baltimore, MD 21201
- Cost: Members $20; Non-Members $45; Registration includes a ticket to the Orioles game against the Texas Rangers.
SMPS Maryland (Society for Marketing Professional Services) is going to the ball game! Join us on July 10 for our first annual summer networking event at Camden Yards, sponsored by Hughes Associates, where the O’s will be taking on the Texas Rangers.
The SMPS Pre-Game party will be hosted 90 minutes prior to the game in the Bullpen Picnic Grove where attendees can grab a hotdog, chicken sandwich, assortment of side dishes, desserts, and unlimited soda and beer, and have the opportunity to network with other A/E/C marketing professionals.
Then, we can move to our group seats and enjoy the game together. Register today for this unique networking opportunity, and stay connected with SMPS this summer!
Social Media for Nonprofits
- Date and Time: Monday, July 15, 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
- Location: FHI 360 Conference Center, 1825 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20009
- Cost: $125 – $225
Social Media for Nonprofits is bringing together nonprofit decisionmakers and supporters in the Washington, D.C. area to share practical tips and tools for fundraising, marketing, and advocacy. Speakers will address a variety of topics in a series of short, TED-meets-Twitter style talks and interactive workshops.
Who Should Attend?
- Executive directors and founders
- Development and online marketing professionals
- Marketing and communications staff
- Nonprofit bloggers and media
- Board members and volunteers
- Nonprofit Consultants
- Actionable insights for fundraising, marketing, and advocacy
- How to incorporate social media into your fundraising and marketing efforts
- How to maximize your presence on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Lessons learned by leading nonprofit practitioners and consultants
- Measurement, analysis, and dash boarding best practices
- How to recruit and engage volunteers using social media
- Incredible networking opportunity with like-minded peers
- Free and easy-to-use platforms and resources
- Going viral with video
Conference registration includes access to the full-day program, access to all breakouts, continental breakfast, and lunch.
About Social Media for Nonprofits
Social Media for Nonprofits is the world’s premier conference series devoted to social media for social good. To date the series has earned a 92 percent collective approval rating from moer than 4,000 nonprofit leaders across the USA, Canada, and India. Instead of abstract concepts and theory, our focus is on sharing practical tips and tools for fundraising, marketing, and advocacy with nonprofit decisionmakers.
The Beauty of Art & Fashion Showcase
- Date and Time: Saturday, July 20, 7:00 PM to 11:30 PM
- Location: 504 NE 190 Street, Miami, FL 33179
- Cost: $20 in advance; $25 at the door
Essence of Beauty HM&S presents its First Annual Beauty of Art and Fashion Showcase! Watch our team showcase their work in a creative way:
- Nothing is too wild or crazy for fashion!
- It is time that we take take things to the next level …
- Add more colors or boldness to your work …
- Be unique & fierce …
- Our live mannequins will be making a statement …
- Our exceptional models will be breaking the runway …
Hosted by the great Chris Jacques
Come ready to network, mix, and mingle. All designers, models, photographers, hair and fashion stylists, and makeup artists, please bring your business cards, portfolio, and comp cards.
Fashion is art and we want to showcase it! Great music, drinks, and appetizers will be on-site.
Network After Work Miami at Blue Martini
- Date and Time: Tuesday, July 23, 6 PM to 9 PM
- Location: Blue Martini, 900 S Miami Ave., Miami, FL 33130
- Cost: $12-$20 ($12 with pre-pay / $15 with RSVP at the door / $20 without RSVP
Network After Work events are for professionals of all industries and career levels interested in expanding their professional network. Events take place every other month, which allows guests a chance to foster new professional connections in a relaxed atmosphere conducive to business and social networking.
Upon entering, guests will receive a nametag, color-coded by industry, to allow for easy navigation. Network After Work events allow guests a chance to get their name and brand in front of some of Miami’s top business professionals while visiting the city’s best after-work destinations.
- Access to 200 Miami professionals
- Color-Coded nametags by industry
- Featured Cocktails from 6-7 PM
- Light appetizers from 6-7 PM
Philadelphia Career and Networking Fair
- Date and Time: Thursday, July 25, 10:30 AM – Saturday, July 27, 5:00 PM
- Location: Pennsylvania Convention Center 1101 Arch Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Cost: Free, and open to all candidates.
2013 National Urban League Conference, Career and Networking Fair.
- Amica Mutual Insurance
- Avis Budget Group
- Campbell Soup Company
- Main Line Health
- Master Charter Schools
- NextEra Energy Resources
- Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG)
And many more to come!
Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce Summer Reception
- Date and Time: Wednesday, July 31, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
- Location: The New England Aquarium Central Wharf—Boston
- Cost: Members $75; Non-Members, $150
At this annual reception, Chamber members gather for open networking, cocktails, and hors d’oeuvres at one of Boston’s most unique waterfront venues—the New England Aquarium.
Cancellation Policy: All cancellations must be received within three (3) business days prior to the event.
About the Boston Chamber of Commerce
The Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce is a broad-based association representing more than 1,500 businesses of all sizes from virtually every industry and profession in the region. The Chamber provides leadership while creating a healthy climate for economic development and job creation. They aspire to be a Chamber of Community as well as a Chamber of Commerce.
The Chamber hosts a wide variety of programs and special events that can help members broaden professional contacts, acquire new information, and meet the area’s foremost leaders in business and government.
NEW YORK CITY
NYBC Academy: Branding & Marketing
- Date and Time: Wednesday, July 31, 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Location: 46th floor 140 Broadway New York, NY 10005
- Cost: $25 | Register for event | Phone: 845-200-5624
New York Business Consultants (NYBC) Academy brings together the following two brilliant communication experts to teach you how to improve your marketing strategy and branding skills, which you can apply in business and private life!
CEO and CO Founder of Ajax Union
Ajax Union helps small and medium-sized businesses succeed online. Apfelbaum has more than 10 years of experience in online marketing, including SEO, PPC, and web development. He has been featured on Fox Business Network and was selected by Google as a Certified Google Trainer.
Founder of Geri Mazur Marketing
An award-winning small-business marketing consultant with more than 25 years experience moving people, products, and brands forward, Geri Mazur has worked with such well-known brands as P & G, Purdue Farms, Princess Cruises, and Pfizer. She works with a network of allied marketing professionals who can provide virtually every type of specialized marketing.
This event allows you to learn and network at New York’s finest, most distinguished facilities. Enjoy complimentary bites and drinks!
Structure and Benefits of the NYBC Academy Event
- NYBC Academy is held at the finest locations in Manhattan. Have a drink, and enjoy the view, art, and music. Enjoy a complimentary reception and wine-tasting. (30 min.)
- The Academy is all about learning, sharing, and personal development. Learn skills that you can apply to your business while meeting great people. Afterwards two passionate speakers will share their insights on effective intercultural communication. (60 min.)
- Network with like-minded professionals, promote your business, and make connections that last. Continue the discussion at our business networking events with complimentary drinks and more!
About New York Business Consultants LLC
NYBC Academy is a speaker series, organized by the global management consulting company New York Business Consultants LLC. The event creates a dialogue between thought leaders, business owners, students, and the public.