What are the hottest business networking events coming up in May 2013?
Feature below are our top picks from the Inkandescent Networking Team.
Don’t miss these great events!
Professional BusinessWomen of California: May 23
Why you should attend: Each year, PBWC.org brings together the most provocative and sought-after speakers in the country at the premier premier conference for women in business. This premier conference has already attracted more than 4,000 business women from around the country. You won’t want to miss is!
The nitty-gritty: The Professional BusinessWomen of California Conference will be held on Thursday, May 23, 2013 at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco, CA. Click here for more information.
What you need to know: The conference will feature inspiring speakers, interactive learning, and purposeful networking to create powerful experiences that unlock the full potential of women in the workplace, including:
- Sheryl Sandberg, Chief Operating Officer, Facebook
- Jennifer Granholm, Governor of Michigan
- Rita Moreno, Acclaimed Singer, Dancer and Actress
And that’s just the beginning!
- Click here to view a list of the other inspiring speakers.
- Click here to view the Schedule of Events.
- Click here to register to attend.
Special Report: The Inkandescent Radio Network has been invited to cover this incredible event. So stay tuned for our Special Report.
That’s not all! The Inkandescent Group’s founder Hope Katz Gibbs will be moderating a panel on entrepreneurship, featuring InkandescentSpeakers.com Kristine Carlson, co-founder of the Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff series, and Bonnie Harvey, co-founder of Barefoot Wine. Stay tuned for more details on their workshop: Super-sizing Your Small Business.
DC Chamber Small Business Awards and Expo: May 23
In keeping with the theme of growth and development, this May the DC Chamber is celebrating the accomplishments of the region’s most innovative and successful small businesses-and the people that support them-at our Chamber’s Champions Small Business Awards and Expo.
The Chamber’s Champions Awards will be presented on May 23rd at the Mayflower Renaissance Hotel to companies and individuals who embody the entrepreneurial spirit or who have made a significant social and/or economic impact in the District of Columbia’s business community.
Executive Women in Government 10th Annual Summit: May 22
Where: U.S. Chamber of Commerce
1615 H St. NW, Washington DC
Registration: 8:30 am – 9 am
This is a full day event that includes a continental breakfast and lunch!
8:30 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. Opening Ceremony
- Mistress of Ceremonies Michelle Miller, Correspondent, CBS News
- Reta Jo Lewis, President, Executive Women in Government
9:15 a.m. Women as the Way Forward
- Elaine Kaplan, Acting Director, Office of Personnel Management
- David Chavern, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, U.S. Chamber of Commerce and President, Chamber’s Center for Women in Business;
- Ariane Whittemore, Assistant Deputy Commandant for Programs and Resources, U.S. Marine Corps;
- Rebecca Dye, Commissioner, Federal Maritime Commission;
- Robert M. Tobias, Director Key Executive Program, American University.
- Introduced and Moderated by Karen Tumulty, National Political Correspondent, The Washington Post
10:00 a.m. Leading in an Age of Transparency and Diversity
- Gail Becker, Chair, Canada, Latin America and Western Region, U.S., Edelman Canada;
CISCO Systems, Inc. Executive
- Katherine Coffman, Assistant Commissioner at Customs and Border Protection
- Introduced and moderated by Sheila Robinson, Founder and Publisher Diversity Woman Magazine
10:45 a.m. No Excuses Leadership Tactics for Women
- Courtney Lynch, Best Selling Author of Leading from the Front: No Excuses Leadership Tactics for Women, Founding Partner of Leadership Firm Leadstar.
- Introduced and Moderated by Andrea Roane, Anchor, WUSA-9
11:15 a.m. Networking and Expert Exchange Break
11:45 a.m. Big Data and Leading for Innovation
- Stephanie Hill, President, Information Systems and Global Solutions-Civil, Lockheed Martin;
- Nada Stirratt, Chief Revenue Officer and Executive Vice President, Acxiom;
- Susan Elliott, Founder and Chairman, SSE, Inc., and Author of Across the Divide: Navigating the Digital Revolution as a Woman, Entrepreneur and CEO;
- Steve VanRoekel, Federal CIO (invited).
- Introduced and Moderated by Kellie Lunney, Senior Correspondent, Government Executive Magazine
12:45 p.m. Lunch and Keynote Presentation — Embracing Change: Creative Leadership
- Darla Anderson, Oscar Winning Senior Producer, Pixar Animation Studios
- Introduced and moderated by Michelle Miller
1:45 p.m. Networking and Expert Exchange Break
2:15 p.m. Leading During Global Economic Change
- Ruth Goldway, Chairman, Postal Regulatory Commission;
- Ritva Koukku-Ronde, Ambassador of Finland;
- Laura J. Lane, President, Global Public Affairs, United Parcel Service;
- Kelly M. Williams, Managing Director and Head of the Customized Fund Investment Group, Credit Suisse;
- Wanda Felton, Vice Chairman, Export-Import Bank
- Introduced and moderated by Ellen Braitman, correspondent for Bloomberg TV
3:15 p.m. Wrap Up and Dialogue to Action
- The Honorable Barbara Hackman Franklin – Former Secretary of Commerce, President and Chief Executive Officer Barbara Franklin Enterprises;
- Shoshana Grove, Vice President, Executive Women in Government.
- Moderated by Michelle Miller
Greater Philadelphia’s Small Business Week: May 13–17
The Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce and Verizon will present Greater Philadelphia’s inaugural Small Business Week May 13–17, celebrating and recognizing the critical contributions of the Greater Philadelphia region’s more than 150,000 small businesses. The 2013 Small Business Week will feature a series of events allowing small-business owners to gain insights to better run their business and opportunities to network.
The capstone event will feature NY Times Bestseller Jonah Berger:
Creating Contagious Content for Your Business
Friday, May 17, 2013
8:00 -8:30 a.m. Registration
8:30 – 10:00 a.m. Program
Jonah Berger, author of “Contagious: Why Things Catch On” and one of the world’s foremost experts on what goes viral and why, will deliver the week’s keynote program, Create Contagious Content for Your Business. Berger, a professor at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, studies social epidemics, or how products, ideas and behaviors catch on and become popular. He is an expert on how individual decision-making and social dynamics between people generate collective outcomes such as social contagion and trends.
Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff for Mom’s Virtual Conference: May 1-10.
Are You A Don’t Sweat Mom? If so, your won’t want to miss this amazing online event.
Here’s how to get started:
2. Get your free ticket here.
3. Once you are signed up, you’ll received an email with the info you’ll need. (Just make sure email address firstname.lastname@example.org is an approved email so you can get the updates during the event.)
Details: Streaming interviews will be shared from May 1 – 10. The interviews will be available for free as they’re streamed live and for 24 hours after the session begins.
After the live feed of the audio interviews, which are made available for free, you have the option of buying the entire package bundled with interview MP3s and PDF transcripts for a premium price (optional and registrants can purchase for $97 presale and $157 full price).
Those who purchase will also have permanent access to the files via the en*theos library and free customer support through en*theos. For customers who purchase after registering through your link, you’ll receive a 50% commission as a thank you!
Speakers and sessions include:
Wednesday, May 1
* 6am PST/ 9am EST: Optimal Health & Mind Over Medicine with Lissa Rankin
- 8am PST/ 11am EST: The Big Fat LIES Women Tell Themselves with Amy Ahlers
- 10am PST/ 1pm EST: Loving Yourself is Loving Your Family with Christine Arylo
- 12pm PST/ 3pm EST: Be the Change with Yvonne St. John-Dutra
- 2pm PST/ 5pm EST: The Power of Appreciation with Mike and Michelle Robbins
And that’s just the first day! Click here to learn more about this exciting lineup.