Welcome to the growing Inkandescent Radio Network, as we launch three new shows this month.
In addition to our Inkandescent Entrepreneur Show, we are launching:
- The ABCs of Books: Authors Between the Covers
- Art 101: Artists on the Real World of Art
- From Soup to Nuts: Insights into the restaurant business from chefs and restauranteurs
First, we begin with our interview of author Raj Sisodia, a professor of Marketing at Bentley University in Boston, and the co-founder and chairman of the Conscious Capitalism Institute, www.ConsciousCapitalism.org.
Sisodia is also the co-author of the bestselling book he wrote with Whole Foods CEO John Mackey, “Conscious Capitalism: Liberating the Heroic Spirit of Business,” which was published by Harvard Business Review Press—and is the cover story for our April 2013 issue of Be Inkandescent magazine.
Previously, Sisodia has published seven books and more than 100 academic articles. His work has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Fortune, Financial Times, The Washington Post, The Boston Globe, and CNBC.
In this podcast interview, we discuss:
- The Conscious Capitalism movement. What it is and why it’s a valuable way to think about business.
- How he met John Mackey, and what inspired them to write “Conscious Capitalism.”
- Their ultimate goal with the book—and the Conscious Capitalism movement.
- The Conscious Capitalism conference on April 5-6 in San Francisco.
- Sisodia’s work as a marketing professional, and what trends he is tracking in terms of how businesses view marketing their companies.
- Specific details on how business owners and entrepreneurs can tap into this new way of being effective, and making their businesses sustainable.
Click here to download the podcast with Raj Sisodia.
Click here to learn about the Conscious Capitalism Conference on April 5-6 in San Francisco. We’ll be attending, and look forward to bringing you plenty of interviews from speakers, panelists, and attendees at the event.
Also this month:
- Check out our interview with award-winning journalist and Pulitzer-Prize-winning editor Tom Shroder, author of four books, including our Be Inkandescent April 2013 Book of Month, “Old Souls.”
- Don’t miss our interview with Oxford Professor David Pendleton, who was in DC in March as a visiting professor at Webster University. The author of “Leadership: All you need to know,” shares his philosophy on incomplete leadership, what leadership teams need to do to be successful, and whether people are born leaders—or if the skill can be taught.
- What is it like to make it big in the world of art? Illustrator and painter Sterling Hundley—who also teaches at Virginia Commonwealth University and the new online college, The Art Department—discusses his theory on the “Artist as Entrepreneur.”
All this and more can be found on www.InkandescentRadio.com.