NOVEMBER 26, 2012
TODAY ON THE INKANDESCENT RADIO NETWORK
Our spotlight is on: Futurist Andy Hines.
Click here to PLAY NOW!
Our hot topic: What does business look like in 2013 and beyond?
Your host: Hope Katz Gibbs, publisher of Be Inkandescent magazine, and founder & president of The Inkandescent Group, LLC
We are here today with futurist Andy Hines. A lecturer and executive-in-residence at the University of Houston’s Graduate Program in Futures Studies, Andy brings together his experience he earned as an organizational, consulting, and academic futurist for the grad students he teaches. He co-founded and is currently on the Board of the Association of Professional Futurists, and has co-authored five books:
- Teaching about the Future: The Basics of Foresight Education, Palgrave Macmillan, 2012
- ConsumerShift: How Changing Values Are Reshaping the Consumer Landscape, No Limit Publishing, 2011
- “Thinking About the Future: Guidelines for Strategic Foresight (Social Technologies, 2007)
- “2025: Science and Technology Reshapes US and Global Society (Oak Hill, 1997)
- “Managing Your Future as an Association (ASAE, 1994)
Andy has also authored dozens of articles, speeches, and workshops, including the 2003 Emerald Literati Awards’ Outstanding Paper accolade for best article published in Foresight for “An Audit for Organizational Futurists” and the 2008 award for “Scenarios: The State of the Art.”
Most recently, he appeared on KRIV-26 News talking about the future of libraries and the CBS “Early Show,” to talk about an MTV-commissioned study: “The Future of the Youth Happiness.”
In this episode of the Inkandescent Radio Show, we talked to Andy about:
- What it means to be a futurist
- His popular book, ConsumerShift, and what the future of consumerism looks like
- The study he did for MTV about the future of youth happiness
- The future studies program at the University of Houston: Who attends, what he teaches, and what kind of jobs are out there for futurists
- His previous work at Kellogg, and type of work a futurist does for large corporations
- His own plans for the future
Are you ready to be inspired, educated, and entertained?
To glean more insights from Andy Hines, click here to read some of the articles he has penned for Be Inkandescent magazine.
- And be sure to tune in regularly to the Inkandescent Radio Network,