NOVEMBER 12, 2012
ON TODAY’S SHOW:
Our spotlight is on: Michael Radparvar, co-founder Holstee: design with conscience
Our hot topic: The Holstee Manifesto
Your host: Hope Katz Gibbs, publisher of Be Inkandescent magazine, and founder & president of The Inkandescent Group, LLC
Today, we are joined by Michael Radparvar, co-founder Holstee, co-author of the Holstee Manifesto.
We wanted to know what happens when three twentysomethings, each with a social conscience and desire to make a difference in the world, sit down and write a manifesto about the change they want to see in the world? The answer: The Holstee Manifesto!
When we found the document (while on a Wiki-trip, of course), we reached out to co-author Radparvar, now 30, a graphic designer who in 2009 co-founded Holstee with his brother Dave, also 30, and their buddy Fabian, 27.
You’ll also learn:
- How Mike Dave, and Fabian got into the design business
- Whether they ever conceived it would touch, and reach, so many people around the world
- What has changed since the Manifesto went viral
- How he thinks being a Millennial has impacted his worldview—as well as your ideas about business
- Why the Manifesto also makes sense to older generations, too
- Lessons he and his partners have learned in the last three years running their start-up
- And, Radparvar shares his three tips for other budding entrepreneurs